Import data to omero - Permission denied

Hello,

I have been facing issues with inplace import and the file that is stored on smb share

2019-09-11 15:20:53,786 5910       [2-thread-1] ERROR        ome.formats.importer.ImportLibrary - Error on import: cannot flush /data/idr-repo/omero-server/ManagedRepository/root_0/Blitz-0-Ice.ThreadPool.Server-1/2019-09/11/15-20-52.495/myfile.ome.tif: java.io.IOException: Permission denied
omero.ResourceError: null

file is on cifs mounted via

mount.cifs //file01-s0/images /data -o rw,uid=1001,gid=1001,file_mode=0777,dir_mode=0777,credentials=/root/.cifs

import command:

/opt/omero/OMERO.server/bin/omero import --transfer=ln_s  --skip checksum /data/datasets/myfile.ome.tif

Could anyone advice how to workaround that?

thanks in advance

Ola

PS: I am aware about https://trello.com/c/VQpgwU3e/463-smb-3-in-place-imports-may-fail but I read is possible to workaround that

Hi @olatarkowska,

@ilamarengo had similar issues with SMB and then moved to NFS which then led to the problems in Managing data with in-place import in remote server . I don’t know if there’s an underlying connection. In her case, trying without --transfer=ln_s succeeded. Is that the same for you?

Beyond that, we don’t have experience running OMERO on Samba in production. Perhaps someone else on the forums does?

~Josh