there is a new collection of Java HowTos in the ImageJ tutorials repo with answers to a small collection of questions like “How do I open an image?” or or “How do I draw a circle?” or “How to list all available services?”. The intent is to make it easier for Java developers to create something for ImageJ2. We would feedback.
- How to dispose ImageJ
- How to get the current SciJava application installation directory
- How to list all JARs in the current classpath
- How to get a bunch of useful information about your system and ImageJ installation
- How to get the version of a specific maven artifact in the current class loader
- How to convert between various image class representations
- How to create an image
- How to copy / duplicate an image
- How to get all open images
- How to open and show an image
- How to save an image
In case you like the format, it’s just a start, let’s make it grow!
Which questions are missing?
I made an issue where we can collect unanswered questions, but you can also just answer here in the forum. Also super helpful - a link to a forum post with a topic question / answer which would fit there…
LANGUAGE NOTE: The initial PR had a long discussion about doing this in other formats / script languages -in an ideal world, we would have one code base and generate e.g. groovy-scripts from there, but maybe we can also do this manually as a start? I might volunteer, but it’d be great to have more helping hands. This would open the discussion to the scripting people = a bigger audience and a better test for the usability of the API.
FUTURE GOALS NOTE: Our lab has a prototype to collect these HowTos on a searchable page, but it only makes sense to put more effort into this if it’s really an asset to the community and we jointly improve it.