ImageJ wormtracker

Hello. I am trying to use the worm tracking feature of ImageJ on my laptop but I don’t know how to connect it to ImageJ after downloading the worm tracking package. I already have worm videos in QuickTime Player but I don’t know how to use it. Please help, I need it for my bio lab.

Welcome to the forum, @djnacionales!

Did you follow the installation instructions on the wrMTrck web page? If so: any error messages? What goes wrong?

Did you read the PDF manual linked from the web site? If so: what steps are unclear?

@jsp Any other advice?

Hi, thanks for your response. I have already looked at these two sources and have downloaded the worm tracking plugin as instructed, however, these two sources don’t cover how to actually run the plugin on ImageJ after downloading the folder of wormtracker plugin files. This is where I’m stuck how to actually run worm tracker on ImageJ after downloading it.

Hey @djnacionales,

the first link @ctrueden linked has installation instructions (" Download wrmtrck.zip and unzip all files to the …ImageJ\plugins folder and restart ImageJ.") Did that work? Do you find the menu Plugins > wrMTrck in ImageJ?

If not, would you mind sharing a screenshot or more details on where you got stuck?

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

Hi @haesleinhuepf,

I have downloaded the wrmtrck.zip file, which appears as a folder with several different java files and such, but I do not know how to unzip it.

Thanks,
Dianne

Hey @djnacionales,

on what operating system are you working?

On Windows, right-click the wrmtrck.zip file and select “Extract All” from the menu. Then move the unzipped folder into your ImageJ plugins folder. See also:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14200/windows-compress-uncompress-zip-files

1 Like

I’m working on macOS Catalina

Then, please follow the instructions unter the fourth point (Starting with “You can also copy the .jar , .class or *.java…”) here:

@haesleinhuepf

Thank you so much! I finally got the plugin into the app, but now I’m running into the problem where I try to open the video I need to analyze but I get an error box saying the following: “File is not in a supported format, a reader plugin is not available, or it was not found.” Any tips on how to get the correct reader? I think the file format is correct.

-Dianne

Hey @djnacionales,

please refer to the plugin website: It explains how to install the needed plugins to load quicktime (mov) files:

http://plugins.phage.dk/wrmtrck.html

https://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/qt-install.html

The documentation for this plugin appears really comprehensive. There are even videos explaining everything. Go through it - it will make your life with your project much easier :wink:

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

Hello,

So I’ve gone through these files but the (new) problem I’m running into is that I am able to press “Open” then select the video and press “OK” on all the given setting selections, but then nothing happens. The video does not open and there are no errors that could explain why? Any advice?

Thanks.

Hey @djnacionales,

I’m not so much an expert on wrmTrck. However, would you mind sharing a data set with us and provide a detailed report on what you do and what goes wrong? What’s different compared to the videos on the plugin website? We can only help you if we see what’s happening. Also screenshots might be helpful. :wink:

Cheers,
Robert

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.