ImageJ Server Update site : Crash on Windows, error on Linux

fiji
imagej-server
server

Hello,

In order to be able to communicate between different software, I wanted to give a try to ImageJ Server. I do not get really get how this could work, but I’m experimenting right now and I’m stuck at an early step.

• On windows:
    I enabled the ImageJ-server update site, and after an update and a reboot, each I try to launch the start server command, ImageJ crashes without any message being displayed. The window just vanishes (even in administrator mode).

• On linux:
    I enabled the ImageJ-server update site, and after an update and a reboot, each I try to launch the start server command, ImageJ crashes with this message:

[Wed Oct 31 17:02:17 CET 2018] [ERROR] [] Module threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to acquire the logger context
	at io.dropwizard.logging.LoggingUtil.getLoggerContext(LoggingUtil.java:46)
	at io.dropwizard.logging.BootstrapLogging.bootstrap(BootstrapLogging.java:45)
	at io.dropwizard.Application.bootstrapLogging(Application.java:38)
	at io.dropwizard.Application.<init>(Application.java:26)
	at net.imagej.server.ImageJServer.<init>(ImageJServer.java:64)
	at net.imagej.server.DefaultImageJServerService$1.<init>(DefaultImageJServerService.java:66)
	at net.imagej.server.DefaultImageJServerService.start(DefaultImageJServerService.java:66)
	at net.imagej.server.commands.StartServer.run(StartServer.java:57)
	at org.scijava.command.CommandModule.run(CommandModule.java:199)
	at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.run(ModuleRunner.java:168)
	at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.call(ModuleRunner.java:127)
	at org.scijava.module.ModuleRunner.call(ModuleRunner.java:66)
	at org.scijava.thread.DefaultThreadService$3.call(DefaultThreadService.java:238)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

I can start the server with the source code on Eclipse with linux, but it’s not really convenient…

Any idea in order to solve this ?

Thanks!

Nicolas