ImageJ server - menu gathering and rendering

imagej
imagej-server
menu

Hi guys,

I have been looking into the current implementation of the ImageJ server (link) and thought that I could write up a new web client, in which a menu analogous to the one in the classic ImageJ application would be rendered.

What would be the best way to gather the ImageJ menu structure? Do you think that adding an instance of DefaultMenuService to the ImageJ server (link) would be a feasible approach?

Thank you very much for your willingness in advance.

Best regards,
Petr

Dear @Petr,

That sounds like quite an interesting project! What would drive this application in the backend?

As far as I know, the idea behind the project server was to establish an ImageJ server that can be controlled via a REST API. Hence, you would not have direct access to instances of e.g. DefaultMenuService. Instead, I imagine that you’d have to implement something equivalent to it that reads available commands from the REST API.

Best,
Stefan

Hi @stelfrich,

Thanks a lot for your response.

Based on your suggestion, I added a new resource to the server, which has an instance of a MenuService implementation as a member. When called, it returns the menu structure to the client. The client is implemented in Angular.

Best regards,
Petr

I assume that you are talking about the angular-client-setup branch on your fork, right? I quickly looked through the commits but couldn’t find your changes to the API (only changes related to the Angular client). Would you mind pointing me in the right direction?

Best,
Stefan

Hi @stelfrich,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Some of the changes were not pushed to the GitHub repo. Everything should be OK now. Sorry for the confusion.

Kind regards,
Petr