ImageJ Ops GUI?

Hello,

I was wondering whether the long term plan is to have the ImageJ Ops also accessible from the ImageJ GUI and then also have some “Macro Recorder”-like option to get the (jython) commands for combining them into a workflow?!

I think this would be very good as an entry point for less experienced users. I am also thinking about running courses on image analysis where one typically starts with the GUI and then introduces the scripting as a second step.

Yes. Try the Ops Browser, currently available as a preview from the Hinerm update site. It lets you browse the ops, launch them, and grab code snippets for executing them from a script. We want to expand on these ideas in the future, as well as better integrate it with the Script Editor.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip.
I tried adding http://sites.imagej.net/Hinerm/ to the update sites, however then my Fiji crashes upon starting (win64).

This was due to breaking changes in one of the libraries served on the Hinerm update site. I fixed it for now, and will try to fully reconcile this feature with the main update sites soon.

You can either start over from a fresh Fiji, or fix your existing installation by manually replacing the SNAPSHOT scijava-common.jar in the Fiji.app/jars directory with this version.

Thanks for letting me know about the breakage!

2 Likes

Hi Mark,
Thanks for fixing it!
I can wait until this becomes a feature of the main update site.
If you could post in this thread when this is the case, that’d be nice :slight_smile: