Imagej-omero isn't working with scifio 0.41.0

Hi all,

while this was working a while ago. i now run into issues once again.
I get an unresolvable source error.
caused by:

io.scif.services.DefaultDatasetIOService.resolve(DefaultDatasetIOService.java:300)
io.scif.services.DefaultDatasetIOService.open(DefaultDatasetIOService.java:171)
net.imagej.omero.DefaultOMEROService.downloadImage(DefaultOMEROService.java:514)

I checked, the version of io.scif has been updated since from 0.37.3 to 0.41.0.
If i revert back it all works fine again. But since this is not an ideal situation if people want to actually update this from the plugin site. I would like to know what has changed.

Apparently the way the string is constructed that will be converted to an url has changed.
Could someone enlighten me?

Joost

I think the error originates from the transition from using a string to a URILocation. Could someone help me out. I was using the omeroservice to run the downloadimage command

Is this possibly related to https://github.com/imagej/imagej-omero/pull/107 @ctrueden?

It definitely could be, i also get a unresolvable source error

Unresolvable source: omero:server=omero-t.services.universiteitleiden.nl&port=4064&sessionID=3be94d2b-930c-4dc9-917c-9b425a3c4752&imageID=5748

Could there be something wrong with the string that was created?

It is a java.io.IOException, caused by

io.scif.services.DefaultDatasetIOService.resolve(DefaultDatasetIOService.java:300)
io.scif.services.DefaultDatasetIOService.open(DefaultDatasetIOService.java:171)
net.imagej.omero.DefaultOMEROService.downloadImage(DefaultOMEROService.java:514)

btw. it works fine if i replace the scifio 0.41.0 with 0.37.3. But i don’t think that is a sustainable solution

Sorry, ImageJ-OMERO has not yet been updated to work with pom-scijava 29. That means it won’t work with the current Fiji distribution. It’s on my list to address it, hopefully as part of pom-scijava 30.

Any idea on when that will happen?

As for now i’ll make a manual to revert back to 0.37.3
Thanks for letting me know this is not an issue on my side

Joost