Imagej-mesh-io-0.1.2.jar error

fiji
imagej

Fiji just updated itself with above jar and consistently gives:

[ERROR] Cannot create plugin: class='net.imagej.mesh.io.ply.PLYMeshIO', priority=0.0, enabled=true, pluginType=MeshIOPlugin
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/smurn/jply/PlyReader
	at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2671)
	at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3075)
	at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:412)
	at org.scijava.plugin.PluginInfo.createInstance(PluginInfo.java:306)
	at org.scijava.plugin.DefaultPluginService.createInstance(DefaultPluginService.java:237)
	at org.scijava.plugin.DefaultPluginService.createInstances(DefaultPluginService.java:226)
	at org.scijava.plugin.DefaultPluginService.createInstancesOfType(DefaultPluginService.java:217)
	at org.scijava.plugin.AbstractSingletonService.initInstances(AbstractSingletonService.java:138)
	at org.scijava.plugin.AbstractSingletonService.getInstances(AbstractSingletonService.java:77)
	at org.scijava.plugin.SingletonService.lambda$initialize$0(SingletonService.java:97)
	at org.scijava.object.ObjectIndex.resolvePending(ObjectIndex.java:388)
	at org.scijava.object.ObjectIndex.get(ObjectIndex.java:133)
	at org.scijava.object.DefaultObjectService.getObjects(DefaultObjectService.java:87)
	at org.scijava.display.DefaultDisplayService.getDisplays(DefaultDisplayService.java:166)
	at org.scijava.ui.DefaultUIService.showUI(DefaultUIService.java:159)
	at org.scijava.ui.DefaultUIService.showUI(DefaultUIService.java:142)
	at org.scijava.AbstractGateway.launch(AbstractGateway.java:104)
	at net.imagej.Main.main(Main.java:55)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at net.imagej.launcher.ClassLauncher.launch(ClassLauncher.java:279)
	at net.imagej.launcher.ClassLauncher.run(ClassLauncher.java:186)
	at net.imagej.launcher.ClassLauncher.main(ClassLauncher.java:77)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.smurn.jply.PlyReader
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
	at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
	... 26 more

Not sure when I can look into this, but I did make a github issue: https://github.com/imagej/imagej-mesh-io/issues/1

I believe this happened because I uploaded imagej-mesh-io and jply to the Java-8 update site this morning—so that Fiji could export STL files without the SciView update site enabled—and a bug in the Updater caused the jply JAR to be removed as a dependency of imagej-mesh-io, because that dependency was previously obsolete, and only now being reintroduced.

I have hopefully addressed the issue by manually readding jply as a dependency of imagej-mesh-io in the db.xml.gz. Please try updating Fiji again and see if it wants to install jply now.