I recently came across a strange inconsistency that I found when I was running some test cases.
As shown below, when I run a simple macro to quantify the cells in this image, ImageJ goes crazy and starts drawing in random lines everywhere. The strange thing is that I have had this macro for a while, and whenever I ran this macro in the past, it would always produce images with ROIs drawn neatly around each cell, and not all over the place like this. I have not changed any settings in ImageJ, nor have I touched the macro one bit, so I was hoping to figure out why this is happening.
This macro I am using is pasted below:
setOption("ScaleConversions", true); run("8-bit"); run("Smooth"); run("Auto Local Threshold...", "method=Bernsen radius=15 parameter_1=40 parameter_2=0 white"); run("Watershed"); run("Analyze Particles...", "size=10-Infinity clear summarize add");
Thanks so much!