ImageJ Generalized Hough Transform plugin (GHT plugin) is not working

I get this message:
Exception

java.lang.ArithmeticException: / by zero
	at GHT_.search_for_object(GHT_.java:399)
	at GHT_.run(GHT_.java:173)
	at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:185)
	at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:152)
	at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:127)
	at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:64)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Anyone can help me with this?

@Zeynab_Mousavi

Would you be able to provide us the same original image file that you are using? Also - provide us with the exact steps you are following - to be sure we can recreate the error.

1 Like

Hi Etarena
I convert RGB picture to 8 bit grey scale. Then invert it to have background be white and place it in the separate folder which has only the image and then GHT plugin. I get this error:
reference object.tif (1.2 MB)
I tried with the reference object as the name of the image as it is stated in the instructions.
I tried with other images as well. Tif and jpeg were tested as well. Non of them work. All have the same error.

@Zeynab_Mousavi

So… I have not used this particular plugin myself before… so I can’t give you too much help unfortunately. But do you have multiple images in your folder? It appears that - yes - you need a reference object image, but also images to search for the object in other images. So I just named them as such:

Then the plugin ran without errors…

2 Likes

I did with 2 images and did not work. I got the same error …
!image
Would you please show the output after running?
What do your images look like?
It is so weird as I did the same even the name of the files.

Did you save your inverted images? I opened your reference image via Bio-Formats… inverted it and saved that to test it.

The images that I shared here are inverted. You can see that the background is white and edges are black. The real image is opposite.

You said you tested and it is running. Would you please share the results as well as settings?
I mean this settings:

@Zeynab_Mousavi

It appears to run without the error… but then ‘freezes’ on this log output:

Perhaps it’s still running? I can let to go… and see what happens. But at least the initial divide-by-zero error is no more… now it might be a matter of tweaking parameters.

Any idea what does reference object mean?

Maybe we should take a step back… what is your overall goal in this analysis?

Describe to us what you ultimately want to measure in your images. Perhaps you do not need this plugin?

Too - for details regarding GHT… I know as much as you do via reading the available documentation.

8 posts were split to a new topic: Find edges of an arbitrary single cell image