ImageJ cannot open TIFF files compressed in this fashion (33003)

Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask this.

I’m currently trying to open .svs files in ImageJ and I’m getting the error message “ImageJ cannot open TIFF files compressed in this fashion (33003)”. Does anyone know how to get around this or have any suggestions for how to get them to open? I’ve been looking online for an answer but can’t find anything that works.

Andrew,

what abouit using “Bio-Formats” as io-Plugin. It can be installed as a plugin for ImageJ or it comes pre-installed with Fiji.

According to
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.1/formats/aperio-svs-tiff.html
…it should be possible to open your files.

“I’ve been looking online for an answer but can’t find anything that works.”

BTW, where did you look for a solution?

HTH

Herbie

I was in a rush and worded that poorly. When I said I can’t find anything that works, I meant I’ve tried several things (such as Bio-Formats, ImageIO, batch converting using 3 different programs) I found online, but none have helped. Probably should have mentioned that sorry! I thought maybe someone here may have had a similar problem and found something that actually worked.

Bio-Formats is the only plugin which supports Aperio SVS.

Use File :arrow_forward: Import :arrow_forward: Bio-Formats to open the file.

You should not be seeing that specific error message when using Bio-Formats. However, SVS is a complex file format; if you do receive an error message of some sort, you can report the problem to the Bio-Formats team.

I have been able to read SVS files using the Bio-Formats plugin as noted by @ctrueden. Try it and accept his answer.

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Drag and dropping SVS files