Image.sc community partner logos on a banner advertising open source and knowledge exchange in general?

Hey @team,

I’m organising a temporary core facility for bio-image analysis on the Trends In Microscopy spring school in two weeks. I’m just preparing the banner for it. I was thinking of expressing visually that we’re bringing open source tools to the user-community. I didn’t want to include only my favorite tools, but I also don’t know how to include all tools existing in the world. Thus, I was wondering if it’s ok to use the logos of the image.sc community partners. I think it’s a good way to advertise our community and the variety of tools we maintain and support. However, I also don’t want to use any logo of developers who don’t want that.

Please let me know what you think.

• If you’re representative of one of the tools, please confirm in the thread below if it’s ok to put your logo on the banner.
  • Shall I put icons of the institutes supporting/financing the tools? I could do that in the bottom line of the banner. If yes, please provide the icons in the thread below.

This is how the draft of the banner looks so far:

It will be mounted at a wall close to the entrance area of the school, behind a co-working space where we solve image-analysis problems together with people attending the school. Thus, we don’t sell anything and we don’t earn money by consulting about tools there. No financial interests. I’m public service employee and just want to advertise the ideas of open source and open knowledge exchange.

Did I forget any tool while copy pasting the logos? Not intentionally. Just let me know :wink:

Thanks for your support!

Cheers,
Robert

9 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, Robert, we are happy to have our logo used to promote these values!

1 Like

Cool! Good luck with the school!
Do you want to put TrackMate &/| MaMuT &/| Mastodon? Or are they too specific?

1 Like

Hey @tinevez,

thanks! Why not! Do you have the icons quickly available? I could otherwise copy&paste them from the wiki I guess…

Thanks for your support!

Cheers,
Robert

Happy to have SciView and scenery logos used.

1 Like

:+1: for :bioformats: :ome: and :omero:

1 Like

2 Likes

Good luck for the school.
Here is the whole logo of ImagePy, but if it is too complex, the scope area is also OK.

1 Like

Fine with the use of the CellProfiler logo!

Forgot my manners also, I blame not having had my coffee yet- good luck on the school as well, please don’t hesitate to reach out if we can be at all helpful!

2 Likes

Absolutely Robert, please use BIAFLOWS logo on the banner, and good luck with the organization of the school!

1 Like

Fine to use QuPath’s logo too!

2 Likes

Yes! More than happy to see the #ImJoy there!

1 Like

Very happy to have napari logo there too, good luck with the school.

2 Likes

Hi @haesleinhuepf, yes OK for BoneJ.

1 Like

Great idea @haesleinhuepf!

What about the softwares in the Related Forums, that is ITK and KNIME?

1 Like

Hey @stelfrich

good idea! Can you give the OK for using the Knime logo? Btw. is Knime attending the TIM?

Maybe @thewtex can say if it’s ok to use the ITK logo?

Cheers,
Robert

Great Robert,
you can use the NEUBIAS logo without any doubt, I will provide the logo pack offline.
cheers and good luck !
J

1 Like

:+1: for SciJava, ImageJ, SCIFIO, Fiji, FLIMLib, OpenSPIM.

1 Like

Thaaaanks everyone! The banner is printing right now :slight_smile:

@stelfrich @haesleinhuepf Most definitely – it would be an honor :-).

If the banner has been printed and there is still interest for the digital version, SVG, PNG, etc. logos files can be downloaded here.

2 Likes