2cureX GmbH is a 100% subsidiary of 2cureX ApS located in Copenhagen, Denmark. 2cureX has developed a functional In Vitro Diagnostic Test that is used to predict, to which cancer drugs an individual patient’s tumor will respond to. This test has shown very good results for colon cancer. In the context of a project funded by the BMBF (Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung) and in collaboration with the University Medical Centre Eppendorf (UKE) the test will be further developed to predict the drug response for other forms of cancer.
At our facilities in Hamburg, Germany, we have an immediate opening for a highly motivated full-time
Image Analysis Specialist (m/f) – In vitro Diagnostics
The position is initially limited to 2.5 years.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with 2cX’s image analysis research team in developing and optimizing algorithms and data analysis of high content imaging technologies for an IVD test
• Support the adoption of a functional chemosensitivity test to other forms of cancer and drug therapy approaches
• Support the cellular research activities of 2cureX and its cooperation partners in Hamburg Copenhagen
• Data analysis of cellular assays using patient derived 3D cell samples
• Biostatistical analysis and documentation of clinical performance studies
• Deliver quality results in timely manner
• Graduate degree (preferably Ph.D.) in science/engineering in a field related to signal/image processing, pattern recognition, and/or computer vision or equivalent with demonstrated accomplishments
• Experience with algorithm development and commercial product experience in at least two of the following fields: multi-spectral imaging, color analysis, image segmentation feature detection, statistical texture analysis, pattern classification, or 3D image analysis
• 3+ years experience with MatLab, preferably working with image processing, signal processing, statistics and data/image acquisition toolboxes is desirable
• Working knowledge of all aspects of algorithm development from prototyping to commercial deployment is desirable
• Basic understanding of optics, lighting, and digital image acquisition is a plus
• Experience in light microscopy and or micro-plate readers is welcome but not required.
• Ability to thrive in an environment of innovation in advanced image analysis processing techniques/applications and statistical analyses
• Demonstrated hands-on “can do” creative and analytical problem-solving skills
• Ability to fluently communicate in English (in e-mails, reports on the phone or video-conferences)
• Team oriented, enthusiasm and willingness to get things done on time
We look forward to receiving your application letter and CV (PDF, English) by mail.