The Institut Curie is looking for an Image Analysis engineer.
The details of the offer are here in french.
Here is a translation attempt:
Job offer image analysis engineer Labex CellTissPhyBio Curie Paris
The Institut Curie is a major player in the research and fight against cancer. It consists of a hospital, and a Research Center of more than 1000 employees with a strong international presence. The objective of the Curie Institute Research Center is to develop basic research and to use the knowledge produced to improve the diagnosis, prognosis, and therapeutics of cancers as part of the continuum between basic research and innovation. in the service of the patient.
- Job Title: Image Analysis Engineer
- Domain / Unit: UMR144 (Labex Celtisphybio)
- Unit Manager Bruno Goud
- Location of the research center, 12 rue Lhomond, 75005 Paris, France
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract with open-ended contract / CNRS position
- Start date and duration: 2 years, to be filled as soon as possible
Privileged interlocutor of the teams of biologists and physicists working within the Labex CelTisPhyBio ( www.labex-celtisphybio.fr ) and involved in projects requiring image processing and analysis, you will be in charge of:
• Use and develop image analysis tools using the different available software platforms, programming and scripting, for the quantification of cellular and sub-cellular components
• Pretreat, analyze extract relevant biological parameters from low and medium content microscopy data (fluorescence, electron, correlative)
• Manipulate and process the data generated on various microscopy stations of different modalities (CLSM, TIRF, SD, MP, LSM, EM) present on Institut Curie platforms
• Ensure a thorough methodological monitoring of the field through dedicated technological and scientific networks, by participating in workshops, congresses and training courses
Candidate profile (technical, linguistic skills …)
• Extensive expertise in the use and development of image processing and optimization methods
• Extensive expertise in the use and development of methods for the quantitative analysis of the content of multi-scale biological images
• Strong experience on some of the software tools available in biological image processing (Image J / FiJI, Cognition Cell, Icy, Ilastik) and related soft-ware practice for scientific computing (MATLAB).
• Mandatory programming: Java, C / C ++ and / or other
• Listening to the needs of user research teams and understanding how the various disciplines involved contribute to projects and discoveries
• Being able to present your work at the Institut Curie and outside
• Fluent English (oral and written)
Level of experience / degree desired: Master + in image analysis and processing.
How to apply
Please send a complete CV + cover letter to
recrutement.labex.ctpb at curie.fr