I want to view whole LIF file not just a tile

Hi, I have just upgraded from Image J to Fiji. The .LIF files produced by the new confocal microscope at UCL cannot be opened with the original version of image J, hence the upgrade. Fiji only opens a tile/very small section of the file, is there anyway that I can open the full 500mb - 3gb files (they were opened automatically in the older version of Image J)?

For those of you who are interested, I am using the confocal microscope and Image J to view and measure the thickness of luminescent annual growth bands in Speleothems (stalagmites, stalactites and flowstones) for a Palaeoclimate PhD research project.

Many thanks,
Dan.

Dear @dan,

Maybe a stupid question: how can you tell, if you haven’t worked with LIFs before?

Fiji uses Bio-Formats for opening a lot of file formats, among them LIF. You can take a look what features are supported on the format’s page: http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/bio-formats5.3/formats/leica-lif.html

Maybe @dgault could be of help here?

Best,
Stefan

Thanks for the reply @stelfrich

I have played about with it and figured it out. The old imageJ (which I still have), didn’t like my new .lif files. In order to open the “whole” file you need to Concatenate then open the whole series ie 1-1584 and you get the full image!

thanks for your time guys, if I find anything interesting I’ll certainly be contributing to this forum.

Cheers,
Dan.