I can't load images

Hello,

I am starting with CellProfiler and I can’t load the images to the software. I have 2048*2048 pixels tiff images. Do you know what might be the problem?

Best Wishes,
Christine

Hi Christine,

These images should load. What happens when you drag-and-drop the files or folders onto the Image module’s window? Is there an error, or do they not populate the filelist, or ? You can upload a screenshot, or also upload a sample tiff here and we can see if they are in an unusual tiff container. Let us know what system generated them too.

Thanks,
David

Hi, David,

Thanks for your message, I tried it again with only two images and it worked. :smiley: The images that I have are from Olympus confocal microscopy and saved to tiff type using olympus view. I tried loadimages and drag the images to the window. Which method is better when I have quite a few images? Thank you very much for your help!

Best Wishes,
Christine

OK good. LoadImages really only still exists for back-compatibility, so we suggest you use the drag-and-drop method into the Images module.

The only caveat to that is if you have a LOT of images (say, many thousands+) it might be easier to use LoadData and create a CSV with the proper columns (path, file location, etc). You can even drag-and-drop onto Images and export the file list to a CSV once-and-for-all for this purpose. This has the added benefit that you can specify metadata (treatment, dose, whatever) as separate columns, and you have total control over your input. But again, we usually just reserve this for large screens.

Hope that helps,
David