How to sum Leaf Area Values?

Hi everyone!

I’m a universitary student and I need some help about ImageJ functions and macros.
I heve no knowledge about Java Language or ImageJ macro’s program language, but I need to create a small macro for sum leaves areas. Here’s the issue: the program gives me data about singles leaf area, but i’m still sum them using the PC calculator; of course, this method is terrible. I’ve find this link: Area Calculator , but everytime i use this macro code the program bloks and i need to force quit from Windows Task Manager for restart again.
What i should do?

Thanks.

Hi
@AndreaStrauss
Tips for posting your first question : Please post a representative, original image file, as well as a brief explanation (avoiding science-specific “jargon” ) and/or an annotated version of the image to better indicate what solution you are after. **

Please submit a second annotated image.
This will allow readers to suggest one or more avenues for analysis.
Thank you.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Here’s some screenshots (hoping they’re visible):

ImageJ 2 pr.bmp (2.7 MB)
ImageJ pr.bmp (2.4 MB)

As you can see there’s no Sum value avaible, but only Min, Max, SD and Mean. My question is about to add a Sum option to my analysis.
In the second image i try to put the code from the previous link into the Macro Table, but the program crashes. Probably I don’t know how to make it works, because it’s the first time that I’m using ImageJ.

Thanks for your kindness, hoping that the posting is correct in its form now.

Hi
@AndreaStrauss
In analyze Particles “check” Summarize ".
Here is an example.

run("Blobs (25K)");
setAutoThreshold("Huang");
//run("Threshold...");
//setThreshold(121, 255);
setOption("BlackBackground", false);
run("Convert to Mask");
run("Set Measurements...", "area area_fraction limit display redirect=None decimal=3");
run("Analyze Particles...", "display summarize add");
1 Like

Perfect, It works for me!
Thanks!