How to measure blood flow velocity using two-photon microscopy?

I use line scan for blood flow imaging with two-photon microscopy in mouse. Has anyone dealt with this image with imageJ, MATLAB or other software? Thanks.blood flow

@Totoro_Xie

Welcome to the Forum!

Would you be able to provide more specific information? What type of image is this exactly? What analysis are you interested in carrying out - ie. what are you interested in measuring?

The more details you can provide - the better we can assist you.

eta :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you etarena. The abscissa axis represents the measured blood vessel, and the ordinate axis represents the 1000 times line scan of the measured blood vessel, which is equivalent to time course, and the slope of each line represents the direction of the blood flow. Five regions of the blood vessel were scanned. Blood flow velocity should be calculated as shown in the following figure, v=Δx /Δt. Does imageJ have something similar to this application?
imageimageimage

1 Like

Hi @Totoro_Xie

I have used the MATLAB-based software from Kim et al. succesfully for similar images of line scans. The link to the software can be found in the method section.

1 Like

Thanks, aklemm. This paper you attached is very helpful, I also found the MATLAB code.

Hi, I am doing the two photon research for measuring the flow velocity by using line scan. But I don’t know how to set it in Olympus microscope. Could you help me about that? I want get images in your first post and the method to measure it. Thank you very much.

hi, I haven’t used Olympus microscope, so I am not sure how to set it.
I think you can consult with an Olympus engineer.

Thankyou so much about reply. Maybe they have the same method for the line scan. I already consulted the engineer, unfortunately, they didn’t know what I am tolling about. I noticed that you have a Chinese name. Are you Chinese? Could we tolk more about this through wechat? That will be help a lot.

Xiaoke_Xie via Image.sc Forum imagej@discoursemail.com于2019年4月2日 周二08:05写道:

Attach is the screenshot of my scope. I use line scan on the left upper of the screen with a 10um/pixel speed on the target vessel. Then, I get an image in the middle. It looks like the image you showed, but I am not sure about it. Could you tell me more details about it? This issue almost kills me. Thank you so much. Have a good day!

please tell me your wechat number:sweat_smile:

15022439149 Thankyou so much!

Xiaoke_Xie via Image.sc Forum imagej@discoursemail.com于2019年4月2日 周二09:01写道: