How to export CalculateMath in spreadsheet?

Dear all,

I am a new user of CellProfiler for a week now and I find it very useful.

However I am facing an issue and I would be very grateful if somebody could help me. I was looking in the other topics to try to find a solution but I didn’t manage to find something to solve my problem.

I want to have the ratio between 2 objects (object1/object2). I was able to get the number of each object (# of accepted objects) from 2 different IdentifyPrinaryObjects windows. Then, I used the function CalculateMath to do the operation.

In my pipeline, I included the module “ExportToSpreadsheet” but I can’t find the result of my CalculateMath in the measurements. What should I do to be able to export it?

I also would like to know if it is possible to export different measurements from different object into the same excel file (currently I have one excel file for each object which is not very convenient).

If something is unclear, please do not hesitate to tell me and I would try to explain better what is my problem.

Thank you very much i advance for your help,

Best wishes,

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

So it sounds like the ratio you are calculating is per image - you get one value per image rather than a value per object. This means this value will be found in your “Image” spreadsheet somewhere so please check that. Are you selecting which measurements to export in your ExportToSpreadsheet module or just exporting all? If you are selecting then you will have to check it is selected under the image menu (see below).
Capture

Also regarding your question about different objects I would look at the settings at the bottom of your ExportToSpreadsheet module. If you choose which spreadsheets you want to export you can set them to combine with other object measurements. I’ve attached an image to show how this would be set up.

Good luck,
Laura

2 Likes

Hi Laura,

Thank you very much for your reply, it is exactly what I wanted!
For some reasons I was looking everywhere except the image folder…

Thank you very much again,

Best wishes,

Christophe

1 Like