How the tool 3D object counter works?

Hello, 
I'm a French girl currently studying in an engineering school in geology. I am doing a thesis on the modeling of olivines and plagioclases in a synthetic basalt. I study small basalt balls (diameter 1mm) created in lab.

My goal is to calculate the volumes of crystals present in the ball. For this, I use photos taken at regular intervals in the ball by X-ray computed tomography method (photo attached).

So I use Fiji to see if it is a good software to perform these calculations. For that I take my file containing the 400 images and I open it.

Not really understanding how Fiji works, I tried various tools, in particular "3D object counter" with which I obtain this table. The results could be interesting, however I have no idea what the values of the columns correspond to. Could someone help me?

Note that I use binarized image for the calculations with 3D object counter.[001.tif|attachment](upload://2gt7kIXeS9qOZdg2w7PTeGiIBn6.tif) (56.4 KB) 

Many thanks for your help!

![3D object counter|690x270](upload://entEtV5cy1CIzyv9fgvLC6iu9FL.jpeg) 
[010.tif|attachment](upload://1n2DZa3aW6n02D3cVDsSQzFlQmt.tif) (506.8 KB)
1 Like

Hi @morgane.herichard,

you may want to check out the wiki page of the 3D objects counter:
https://imagej.net/3D_Objects_Counter

And in particular the user documentation where the table columns are listed and explained:

Let us know if there are open questions :wink:

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like