How can I select lines of a grid for plot profiles

I am trying the measure the width of a membrane in part of an image. I am able to create a mask of the park of the image I want for simplicity here I have cropped out my region of interest.(CroppedOriginal.tif) But I would have a mask of the larger circular/oval like structure filling the image. I can then isolate membrane ( roughly thin pink lines) by separating colors, and finding edges (Edges.tif). I want to now measure how thick these membranes are on average. I was thinking that I would put a grid over the region and then use the plot profile function to extract the width of membranes that cross the grid lines. I can use the Analyze>tools> grid function to draw a grid. I am also able to draw a single free hand line and then use the analyze> plot profile to get the data I want. What I am not sure of is how to select specific lines in the grid for my region of interest and to get the plot profiles along those lines. I am open to other ways of getting at a measure of the average membrane thickness of these structures as well this was just how I thought I might do it, but I’m stuck .
CroppedOriginal.tif (736.3 KB) Edges.tif (245.5 KB)

Hi
@susan-sheehan
I am not sure I understand your objective. But perhaps this link (and those cited in the link) could be of use to you.

Something like this? let me know if it was useful.
Mask

yes, that looks great! How did you do it?

@susan-sheehan
Can you tell me if my answer suits you? Thank you in advance.

macro "Membrane thickness"
{
requires("1.52");
setBackgroundColor(0,0,0);
setOption("BlackBackground",true);
//---------------------------
// Start batch mode
setBatchMode(true);
//-----------------------------
img=getImageID();
run("Duplicate...", "title=1");
close("\\Others");
run("32-bit");
doWand(557, 324, 60.0, "Legacy");
roiManager("Add");
doWand(258, 12, 60.0, "Legacy");
roiManager("Add");
doWand(63, 29, 60.0, "Legacy");
roiManager("Add");
doWand(103, 304, 60.0, "Legacy");
roiManager("Add");
roiManager("Select", newArray(0,1,2,3));
roiManager("Combine");
roiManager("Add");
roiManager("Delete");
roiManager("Select", 0);
roiManager("Set Fill Color", "white");
roiManager("Show All");
roiManager("Select", 0);
setBackgroundColor(0, 0, 0);
run("Clear Outside");
run("Select None");
roiManager("Select", 0);
run("Create Mask");
run("Distance Map");
run("16 Colors");
run("Calibration Bar...", "location=[Lower Left] fill=White label=Black number=5 decimal=0 font=12 zoom=1 overlay");
// End of processing
//----------------------------
// End of batch mode
setBatchMode(false);
run("Tile");
//--------------------------------
exit("All is done !");
}

Greeting

I’m not getting the same thing when I run the maco. Can you walk me through what you are doing? Are the dowand commands ment to be interactive per Image? Also, After you get the final Image (Assuming I am able to repeat your results, can I get a table of the numbers? When I run the cropped original file I get this Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.15.10 PM and when I run it on the edges file I get this Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 1.15.34 PM I am running the following version of ImageJ

Do I need to load an older version? Is there something in the newer versions that are not compatable, I assume that the line requires (“1.52”) refers to ImageJ Versions

Thanks Mathew for your helps and time, unfortunately this isn’t going to work I’m still looking for help. Based off of my work with Mathew, I’ve found a way to express my problem better. I’m going to take a stab at reposting the question.