How can i classify images(cells) based on its fluorescence intensity in cytoplasm?

Background

• I want to classify my objects(cells) into three categories. There can be too bright cells, too dim cells, and everything in-between as a third group.

Analysis goals

• What information are you interested in getting from this image?

Challenges

• I have seen that if I want to classify the objects based on the threshold, it classifies the set of objects into only two groups. However, in my case, I want to classify it into three groups.
    *I also want to know how to use CPA for doing this classification, what rules I can give so that I get a clear classification of these three groups.

Hi @Angelds,

I understand you want to classify your objects based on the intensity. Once you identify cells (objects), do the intensity measurements & use the those intensity parameters to classify them using classify objects module. You can explore “filter objects” module as well.
Sharing your pipeline & image will help to reproduce your issue & help you better.

Regards,
Lakshmi
www.wakoautomation.com

Hi Lakshmi,

I forgot to mention that I am using only one channel and the fluorescence is present only in cytoplasm.

Regards,
Angel.

Hi @Angelds,

Still the above suggestions might work. As mentioned before, sharing your sample image will facilitate to help you better.

Regards,
Lakshmi

Thanks you for your help.