Image and Data Analysis Core (IDAC) at HMS is searching for a talented individual to fill an Image Analyst position opening.
Full job posting here: idac.hms.harvard.edu/current_opportunities
The Image and Data Analysis Core (IDAC) at Harvard Medical School (HMS) is a new core facility that enables basic and biomedical research by providing state-of-the-art image analysis and related data analysis expertise. The IDAC mission is to enable and improve research performed at HMS, while simultaneously advancing the field of biological image analysis. We maintain a collection of existing open source and commercial image analysis software packages and train researchers to use them effectively. More importantly, we continuously develop novel algorithms to allow researchers to extract valuable information from their biological images.
When interfaced with the cutting-edge biomedical research and imaging happening at HMS, these state-of-the-art methods make new science possible and push the biological image analysis field forward. We also actively work to disseminate our image analysis expertise to the HMS community through seminars, workshops and courses.IDAC has an immediate opening for a Biological Image Analysis Research Associate. This position will regularly provide advice and direction on image analysis to graduate students, post-
docs and faculty at HMS, train researchers to use existing image analysis solutions, and develop and publish novel solutions to address unmet needs. This position will also have the opportunity to identify additional responsibilities that match his/her interests, such as organizing and teaching image analysis lectures and workshops; organizing discussion groups/journal clubs; developing protocols for comparing and evaluating algorithm performance; or pursuing independent research in image analysis.
Qualifications / Required Skills:
● PhD or equivalent with more than 3 years of research experience in biological image analysis algorithm development.
● MATLAB image processing, image analysis experience.
● Effective communication skills; ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical researchers.
● Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
● Bioimaging optics knowledge - basic principles of modern microscopy.
● Consult and effectively communicate with researchers from varied (often non-
computational) backgrounds to determine optimal analysis solution for their data.
● Train researchers to use existing or novel analysis software, effectively communicating analysis principles and practical aspects of operation.
● Modify & customize existing analysis tools, to provide additional functionality or increase usability.
● Develop novel biological image processing, image analysis and data analysis algorithms in MATLAB.
Interested applicants, send the following materials:
● Curriculum Vitae
● 1 page cover letter describing why you’re interested in working at IDAC, how you would contribute, highlights of your relevant image analysis and biological research experience, and anything else you want us to know about you.
● Contact information for three references.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Image Analysis Scientist Position” in the subject line of the application email. Interviews will be arranged as soon as possible and until the position is filled.
See full job posting @ idac.hms.harvard.edu/current_opportunities