Help - open flex movies

Dear CellProfiler developers,

I need some help to open flex movies generated on Opera. It used to work fine, but not after migrated to my new PC.

The PC has Python 2.7 and all the libraries list on your instruction page. Here is the error message when I try to open a flex movie:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\CellProfiler\cellprofiler\pipeline.py”, line 1254, in prepare_run
if not module.prepare_run(self, image_set_list, frame):
File “C:\CellProfiler\cellprofiler\modules\loadimages.py”, line 1401, in prepare_run
return self.prepare_run_of_flex(pipeline, image_set_list, frame)
File “C:\CellProfiler\cellprofiler\modules\loadimages.py”, line 1826, in prepare_run_of_flex
rdr.setId(pathname)
File “C:\CellProfiler\cellprofiler\utilities\jutil.py”, line 439, in method
return call(self.o, name, sig, *args)
File “C:\CellProfiler\cellprofiler\utilities\jutil.py”, line 377, in call
raise JavaException(x)
JavaException: Index: 0, Size: 0

Thanks,
Tianxiao
MRL Boston

Hi,

One more piece of information I would like to add to my question: open flex movies works in revision 10415, but not in 10997. Thanks.

-Tianxiao

Hi Tianxiao,

Is it possible to upload a sample flex movie that causes this problem, or can you post it somewhere?

Regards,
-Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for getting back to me. Here is the link to the flex file:
qfpost.com/download.do?get=7 … 9ff13ede83

Regards,
Tianxiao

Hi Tianxiao,

It appears that the latest Bio-Formats reader now breaks on this format. We are looking into an updated reader that is compatible with our file systems, and will post here when we find a solution.

Regards,
-Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the information. I will keep my 10415 build until you patch it.

-Tianxiao

Hi Tianxiao,

We have recently corrected this issue by incorporating the latest version of BioFormats in our source code. The fix will be included in the next release, but if you’re daring, you can try it out with our latest public build from source code here.

The trunk build is not as heavily vetted as our releases, so you should take that into account; please note the caveats mentioned on the page linked.

Regards,
-Mark