Grid overlay plugin

Hi all,

once upon the time, there was a plugin to overlay a non-destructive grid over an image

but that plugin does not seem to be available in my Fiji. Did it just fall through the grid or is there a better integrated way of doing this right now?

Thanks in advance for any comment.

It seems it was removed in 2012. Unfortunately, the commit message does not provide a detailed rationale. Feel free to file a PR against an appropriate Fiji component to readd it, if you like—perhaps Fiji_Plugins would be simplest.

By the way, I found out this information by doing git log -p in my Fiji repository working copy, then searching for class Grid_ using the / command.

Thanks @ctrueden, so there is no better way to add grid lines as an overlay? I had hopes that this had become a standard feature of ImageJ adn thus the plugin was obsolete…

I’m sorry, I don’t know. There is nothing ready specifically on the ImageJ2 side to facilitate it. Maybe @Wayne has a suggestion for the best way to do it in ImageJ1.

There is an updated version of the Grid plugin at
http://imagej.nih.gov/ij/plugins/grid.html

The Grid plugin is built into the latest ImageJ daily build (1.50f4) as the Analyze>Tools>Grid command.

2 Likes