Grid creation issue in micro-manager

Hello, I’m new to uManager and seem to be having an issue with grid creation functionality. When I create a grid, with a certain overlap, the FoVs within a row overlap as expected but FoVs across columns do not overlap. I currently shift rows manually to make the grid work.

Any comments on this?

PS: I’m certain I’m using the right ‘pixel size’ as I determine this manually using a ruler slide. My stage is a Marzhauser, if this is relevant.

Hi @orkun, welcome to this forum!

Does it so happen that your camera is rectangular rather than square? If so, you could have uncovered a bug, but please confirm before I start looking at that possibility.

This is my camera;

Instead of making me look at that documentation, can you please tell me if the image is a square or a rectangle?

sorry, yes, rectangle.

I just tried to reproduce this with the demo camera (by setting the image size to 756 x 512 pixels), but the output of the grid creator looks correct, and the same overlap is applied to both x and y.

• Just to be sure, are you using a recent nightly build of 2.0?
  • Can you check that the y values in the generated list are correct (i.e. Pos_0001_0001 - Pos_000_000 equals image size for x and y minus overlap)?

I’m using 2.0.0-beta3_20181129.

I was told that this is the stable version where the PointGrey camera drivers will work and newer versions do not yet have these drivers.

best
orkun

The Spinnaker and Flycap2 device adapters are both included in the Micro-Manager installer, and will work with the version of the Point Grey driver as described in the documentation on the Micro-Manager website. Long ago, the Spinnaker device adapter was distributed separately, but that has long ago been remedied. So, please do try a newish nightly build and your troubles may go away;)