G77 problem installing CP2 on linux

Dear CP users/developers,

I am having trouble installing CP2 on linux, following the instructions from the wiki page. I’m using gcc 4.52. I’m having trouble with the Atlas build. At first I received the following types of errors

/util/CellProfiler/CP2/installation/lib/libf77blas.a(xerbla.o): In function xerbla_': xerbla.f:(.text+0x1a): undefined reference tos_wsfe’
xerbla.f:(.text+0x33): undefined reference to do_fio' xerbla.f:(.text+0x4c): undefined reference todo_fio’
xerbla.f:(.text+0x56): undefined reference to e_wsfe' xerbla.f:(.text+0x6c): undefined reference tos_stop’

I read on the wiki that removing the g77/f77 package might help so I did that, but now I’m getting this:

Unable to find usable compiler for F77; abortingMake sure compilers are in your path, and specify good compilers to configure
(see INSTALL.txt or ‘configure --help’ for details)make[2]: *** [atlas_run] Error 7

Any suggestions,

thanks

Nate

Hi Nate,
It looks like you need to install a Fortran compiler in order to compile LAPACK. I think your best sources for help resolving build issues for ATLAS and LAPACK are their websites: math-atlas.sourceforge.net/

–Lee