Ksilink is a public-private research institute/partnership created in 2014 whose contributors/members are Inserm, the University of Strasbourg, the Mannheim Medical Faculty of the University of Heidelberg, the German Cancer Research Centre (DKFZ) and Sanofi. Ksilink is covering an integrated drug discovery and therapy development process from early research up to preclinical development.
Ksilink develops leading edge, imaging-based discovery technologies to generate first-in-class drug candidates together with partners from industry and academia.
Ksilink is seeking an experienced computer scientist to support applied biomedical research and therapy development for evaluations of candidate biological pharmaceuticals. The position will require extensive experience in developing solutions for quantitative image and big data analysis. A good knowledge in artificial neural network and deep learning approaches would be a plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop deep learning approaches for high content screening assays
- Collaborate with biologists and imaging scientists on ongoing projects and develop relevant image analysis, statistics and visualization solutions
- Implement optimized algorithms to perform image processing and data analysis
- Present data in team meetings and participate in generation of technical reports in support of regulatory documents.
Each applicant must possess a PhD in computer science or a related field.
- Extensive experience with Deep Learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras …
- Relevant work experience, preferably in a setting involving direct interaction with a diverse interdisciplinary team of researchers/scientists.
- This position will require a high level of comfort with complex multitasking; strong self-motivation; the ability to work independently with minimal assistance; excellent communication skills, including written communication; excellent interpersonal skills; and a highly collaborative approach.
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- C++, Python
- Background in applying quantitative image analysis using multiparametric algorithms in biology, biomedical or clinical research or experience in a pharmaceutical industry environment is a plus
- Experience with Python scientific libraries
The ideal candidates should be team players and should have the ability to work in an interactive, fast-paced environment. They must be self-motivated to quickly learn, utilize new technologies. They must have excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) both in one-on-one and in group settings. The ideal candidates should also be detail-oriented and proficient at time management.
What to expect from Ksilink?
- Opportunities to expand and develop your career in a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture;
- Outstanding and motivated team of international scientists with expertise in cellular disease modeling, assay miniaturization and automation, phenotypic HCS/HTS and cutting-edge image and data analysis approaches including computer vision and machine learning technologies;
- Established European network of renowned academic and industrial partners in our fields of activity;
- Industrial surrounding;
- Publication of results in relevant journals possible;
- Located in Strasbourg in France, at the boarder to Germany, next to city center. Strasbourg has been voted most attractive French city in 2019.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae with bibliography, and the contact information of at least three references to email@example.com.