Frame Averager Plugin problem with NetBeans

Hi all, Could anyone help me?
I have a problem that I cannot solve:
I downloaded the Frame Averager plugin for MM 1.4.22 (https://openpolscope.org/pages/MMPlugin_Frame_Averager.htl ) and compiled it with NetBeans 7.3 and JDK 1.6. When I try the plugin in debug (from NetBeans) everything works correctly, while when I start it from MicroManager Micro-Manager does not react.

The problematic code is the one that creates the frame to control the media parameters:
if (controlFrame_ == null)
controlFrame_ = new FrameAveragerControls(this);

( FrameAveragerControls is defined as
public class FrameAveragerControls extends javax.swing.JFrame implements AcqSettingsListener …)

if I check the CoreLogs I find the following exception:

[…]
Plugin command: Frame Averager
[IFO,App] Thread 15 (AWT-EventQueue-0) terminated with uncaught exception
IFO,App] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jdesktop/layout/GroupLayout$Group
[IFO,App] at edu.mbl.cdp.frameaverage.FrameAverager.(FrameAverager.java:88)
[…]
[IFO,App] at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
[…]

Could the problem be NetBeans, how did I read in multiple threads?
Should I use Eclipse? or is there any way to fix the problem in Netbeans?

It looks like you have the class org.jdesktop.layout.GroupLayout in the classpath when you run the code under Netbeans, but not when you run it in Micro-Manager. Try to find that jar in your Netbeans environment (I guess it will be names something like jdesktop-layout.jar, or possible something with swingx in the name. Copy it into the Micro-Manager/plugins/Micro-Manager directory and see if that helps.

Thanks a lot Nico,
thanks to your suggestion i solved the problem: it was not jdesktop-layout.jar (despite the log) but swing-layout-1.0.4.jar was missing. I copied the file to the directory you indicated and now the plugin is working correctly.

1 Like