Forum - missing images

Dear all,

I am browsing the forum, and for many problems I am unable to see the images people uploaded. Which makes understanding the questions and answers really difficult. Are you aware of this problem? I suspect that it might be related to the amount of place the forum with images might consume (so you decided to purge images for answered questions). If it is the case, would it be possible that you re-discuss your policy - with deleting images a lot of very useful knowledge is lost IMHO? If it is not the case, do you have any idea what might be wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for any comment!

Cheers,
s/

Hi Szymon,

I made a change to display inline images on the forum. Does that help? I.e. do you mean that the images don’t appear directly inline, but you can click and download the images? That behavior is (was!) normal, but I just changed it.

But if you mean that there are some truly missing images, I don’t know about this. If so, can you point to an example thread/post?

Thanks,
David

Dear David,

I am sorry, my mistake. After your answer I checked the pages with different browser and I could see images. I was confused since Chrome (which I use by default) shows .tifs file as broken or missing, and the URL was pointing to the script in .php. Anyhow, as I said my bad, and the lesson is, that if somebody does not see (nor can download) images from forum, checking different browser might be of help.

Cheers,
s/

Indeed, I had noticed that Safari often worked for me too when Chrome did not display various images. But I did make a change to the phpbb settings recently and hopefully it works now for Chrome as well.

Cheers,
David