Finding a volume of a formation

Can anyone tell me if in 3d viewer (edit> ObjectProperties) the measured object properties are in pixels? or the units that are presented in the scale?
I mean i have a 3d object that is correctly displayed (bounding box apear to be in mm as supposed to ) but Object properties give a nonsense number about volume
The object is the representation of a crack in a cylindrical rock specimen of Diam:36.8mm and Height: 36.8 mm …(volume : 39141.12 mm^3) …So giving a result of Volume: 51606.47 is meaningless!!

1 Like

it seems that i should count on 3D object counter… the results there seem more trusty/logical

1 Like

Hello ! MHD , Can you please explain just a little bit the way to find ( the steps) volume measurement 2D using image j ? Thanks .

@thant_hein
Wouldn’t it be better to ask this question in your original post?

1 Like

Hi @thant_hein.
HAve missed the notification on my email …
Well it seems that you have Electro microscope image here.
So it seems to me you are on 2D… so volume from 2D makes no sense to me…eventhough is see that your particles may be spheres(?) .
The try to use “Analyze particles” and on Results you ll get an area for each…so you can easily find the radius --> Volume…

My post referred to a stack of images (ct scan slices) that was 3d modeled by ImageJ…

1 Like