Filter dividing objects

Hi,
Is there a way to select only dividing cells based on TrackObject module?
my goal is to measure intensity of only the cells that divided in a time laps experiment.
Thanks,
Noga
TamarSapir_TrackObjectsRGB_Shachar.cpproj (460 KB)

I don’t have this option in my pipeline:
•DaughterObjectCount: Number of objects in the current frame that resulted from a split from a parent object in the previous frame
Please advise,
Noga

Hi Noga,

Mark is the TrackObjects expert, but I tried this myself. Also, Mark is currently coding a nice TrackObjects viewer to likely help with what you are trying to achieve, but I don’t think it is ready to share just yet.

(1) I agree that DaughterObjectCount is not getting exported. We will take a look at that.
(2) Hmm, it’s not obviously straightforward to me how to filter objects that have split. It’s complicated, because at any frame, the potentially split objects might merge (maybe not merging is not valid biologically for mitosis, but some processes could allow this). So you’d really need to keep a tally at every frame of whether the object is considered split or not.

In the Example Track objects from our website (you didn’t provide any of your images, so I am substituting our example), Sequence 2 for example, has a column in the Image.csv labeled TrackObjects_SplitCount_Embryos_50 which shows at any given frame how many objects have been split. But if you want to filter the objects, you’d look in the per_object table, namely Embryos.csv in this example. There is a column with ParentNumber, so the only way I can see for you to get this info is to, post hoc, loop through each ImageNumber, get the ObjectNumbers and compare those to the column like this one “TrackObjects_Label_50” or “TrackObjects_ParentObjectNumber_50”.

Cheers,
David

Thank you, David.

I feel the TrackObject module generates all the information I need, but I will have to mine the csv files to “fish” it out.
Please let me know when an improved module is available.

Thanks,
Noga

Just a small followup on the documentation – here, Mark says DaughterObjectCount in the documentation should read as “SplitObjectCount”, and will be fixed in the next release:
github.com/CellProfiler/CellPro … ssues/1143

Cheers,
David