Fiji on macOs catalina

Fiji doesnt start in Mac Os Catalina (isnt Fiji a 64 bit program)

2 Likes

Hi @VIROCON_2016,

Welcome to the forum, and sorry it took awhile for someone to reply.

Sorry to hear that and thanks for reporting this. Is there an error message? If so, could you post it here?

First thing that comes to mind is it may have to do with what java version you have installed.
Would you mind opening a terminal, running java -version, and posting the results?

Yes, it is.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but if you’re able to post answers to the questions above, hopefully it will help someone figure it out.

Thanks for reporting this problem!
John

1 Like

Sir, Initially Fiji didnt work, it had a white X on the tile,

when I reinstalled Fiji it works in Mac Catalina.

when I unzipped the file and saved to a location I could also update.

the java -version returns this

openjdk version “1.8.0_121”

OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.20.0.5-macosx) (build 1.8.0_121-b15)

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (Zulu 8.20.0.5-macosx) (build 25.121-b15, mixed mode)

thanks Samuel

1 Like

@VIROCON_2016 Could you try the DMG installer here and see if that works any better?

Unfortunately, macOS makes it hard to use applications that come directly out of ZIP files. You need to:

• Unzip it to Desktop
  • Move it from Desktop to Applications
  • Right-click the icon in Applications and choose “Open”, then confirm you want to open the application even though it is from an “unidentified developer”

Several people have reported problems running it from Desktop (due to a feature called Path Randomization)—although once you run it once using the right-click method, it may work from Desktop.

All of the above is true even before Catalina. Maybe Catalina brings new troubles; I’m not sure.

1 Like