Fiji logo appearing every time I open an image

fiji
imagej
launcher
single-instance

Dear all,

I have manually set Fiji as the default program for all tif files.
However, when I double click on my images, the Fiji logo appears as if a new instance is going to be open, although in the end the image opens in the same instance. I do not want another instance, so that is fine, but this takes too long.

My feeling is as if Fiji was trying to open a new instance starts loading up, and then realizes there is already an instance and just puts the image there.

I have the feeling this didnt happen in my other windows computers, neither in mac.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance to all!
Best!
Bruno.

Maybe check that Edit>Option>Misc>Single Instance Listener is ticked

Thanks for your reply!
This is in fact already ticked. (Another funny thing is right clicking on the Fiji icon on the taskbar does nothing, it does not open options or so )

Hmm maybe the Fiji installation folder resides in some system folder for which it requires some administrator rights…
You can try to download a new fresh installation that you unzip on the desktop and try to define this one as the application to open the image by default.

Hi, thanks again. I’ve tried it as well as clicking the run as admin on the fiji exe, but still “tries to open a new instance”, (shows the logo) then realizes that there is already something and puts it in the current instance. Any ideas?

Not sure how much help this is, You can drag the image onto the FIJI window or open from within FIJI.
I noticed that it takes substantially longer to open an image in FIJI when double clicking it, even if there is another instance running.

Exactly, I notice the same in Windows, and as I was saying in fact the logo appears and so on. But this is not the case in Mac. Dragging is very inconvenient sometimes. Someone any ideas?