Fiji/ImageJ 2.1.0/1.53i Erratic behavior of Magic Wand tool

Hi,
I’m not sure, but this seems like a non-nominal behavior.

I’m running (Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.1.0/1.53i; Java 1.8.0_265 [64-bit];

I found that magic wand tool is producing alternative selections depending on the click location in a binary picture. If I click magic wand anywhere to the left of the structure (i.e. within a column projected to the left edge) then the potato-shaped structure will be selected by its outside contour. If I click anywhere outside the structure but also outside of the imaginary projection column to the left of the structure, the whole background is selected, but omitting the central structure (i.e. rectangle in dimensions of image, but without the central hole). Neither result is producing the desired selection, which is background but omitting the central structure. I attach the picture in question.

Update: the binary behavior (clicking to the left of the structure) only occurs in “Legacy” mode, however the desired selection is not achieved in any other combination of modes, tolerances or thresholds. Paint bucket behaves as expected. If central structure is filled with white/255, the selection doesn’t occur either (wand remains insensitive to white blob). Inverting the picture also doesn’t help.

bug.tif (129.7 KB)