FFMPEG Installation Issue

I want to enable FFMPEG in the update sites bar, but when I go to help->Update ImageJ it says that I don’t have permission to write in that folder. Any ideas on how to combat this issue?

Hey @HAILEY_WRIGHT

Sorry about that! The whole Help menu is a bit of a mess at the moment… Update ImageJ updates the ImageJ1.x version… what you want to do is to update Fiji to have access to Update Sites, so you need to click on either Update Fiji or Update… (both do the same thing). I highlighted those options for you in yellow below in the Help menu…

Does that fix your issue then? Sorry again about that! The Help menu is on our “To-Do” list of things to clean up and streamline…

eta

When I click “Update ImageJ…” I get an error. Should I download Fiji/a different version of ImageJ?
Mine is version 1.50

@HAILEY_WRIGHT

Ah! I see.

Fiji is Just ImageJ - it is simply a distribution of ImageJ that comes with a bunch of plugins bundled - ready for you to use out-of-the-box. If you are just getting started, we recommend downloading/using Fiji. It still comes with the original ImageJ1.x versions… you just get a lot of other functionality as well - along with the Updater - which makes your life way easier!

If you have more questions/issues - just post again. We are here to help!

eta :slight_smile:

1 Like

13 posts were split to a new topic: Opening an AVI file in Fiji using FFMPEG