Feature request on IntensityEdge and ObjectRadialDistribution

Hi -

I am wondering if you could add more features into the ‘IntensityEdge’ series - similar to the ‘Intensity’ list -for example, medianIntensityEdge, LowerQuartileIntensityEdge, UpperQuartileIntensityEdge, MADIntensityEdge. I am trying to quantify VE-cadherin staining. CV is a good measure for variation but it’s very sensitive to the mean. I would like to try a more robust spread measure like (Uq - Lq)/median or MAD/median to see if I could get a better separation but I don’t have enough information to do so. On a similar note, if something similar can be added to the ObjectRadialDistribution, it would be very helpful. Any suggestion/comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

It would seem that you just need to define a small annulus or ring, and then use MeasureObjectIntensity, so how about this instead:

• IDPrimary or IDSecondary - however you segment the cell to the edge
  • Use IDSecondary on the primary object but only grow a single pixel with settings “Distance - N” and “1 pixel”
  • IDTertiary with IDSecondary=larger and IDPrimary=smaller. I think you want to keep the “Shrink smaller object” setting=Yes.
  • MeasureObjectIntensity on the tertiary ring object.

That ought to produce the extra features you’re looking for without coding!
Let us know how it goes.

Hi David -

Thank you for the suggestion! Such a great idea! I will give it a try and let you know. I should have thought about that :wink:

1 Like