Extended depth of Focus in Zen blue

Hi all,

does anyone by chance know which algorithm / implementation sits behind the “Manual extended depth of focus” in Zen blue? (maybe @sebi06 ? :upside_down_face:)

A colleague of mine was curious and now I’m also curious :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

Hi @haesleinhuepf,

I can at least a quick simple information (see below). In ZEN there are various EDF algorithms available. For more details I would need to talk to the developers (which is possible), but they hard to catch (especially nowadays). So let me know how urgent this is.

1 Like

Thanks for the info @sebi06! It’s not urgent, but in case you meet them by chance: I’d like to know the radius of the variance kernel (I estimate: 10) and if there is a way to change it. Furthermore, there are implementations which do a blur on the altitude map. I’m wondering if Zen does that and if so, if one can adapt the sigma for this blur operation.

Background: We sometimes see artifacts in the EDF projections (independent from the used software btw), which could be improved by adapting the above mentioned parameters. This image was made with Zen blue / EDF-variance for example: