Exception java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/haesleinhuepf/clij/clearcl/interfaces/ClearCLImageInterface

Hi @haesleinhuepf,
After downloading all dependencies on a different computer with a fresh and up-do-date Fiji install,
I get this below exception, which is not in the troubleshooting page as well:

(Fiji Is Just) ImageJ 2.1.0/1.53c; Java 1.8.0_172 [64-bit]; Windows 10 10.0; 66MB of 12123MB (<1%)

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/haesleinhuepf/clij/clearcl/interfaces/ClearCLImageInterface
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2671)
at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:3075)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:412)
at ij.IJ.runUserPlugIn(IJ.java:233)
at ij.IJ.runPlugIn(IJ.java:198)
at ij.Executer.runCommand(Executer.java:150)
at ij.Executer.run(Executer.java:68)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.haesleinhuepf.clij.clearcl.interfaces.ClearCLImageInterface
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:349)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
… 9 more

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hey @Daniel_Waiger,

this error message might mean either: The “clij” update site is not activated or no graphics cards driver is installed. Can you share details about computer hardware, operating system and installed GPU driver version?

Cheers,
Robert

1 Like

HP Z620 Workstation, Win 10, GeForece GT730 2GB VRAM, Intel® Xeon® CPU E5-2650 0 @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz

GPU Driver:

Any more data that you need?

For debugging, it might help you tracing down this issue if you know more details about the hardware and what the driver supports. The OpenCL version for example is relevant. Can you install and run clinfo?

Alternatively, you can try to run the clinfo macro:

Just another comment: The graphics card you are using is about six years old. I would not recommend using it for GPU-acceleration. It has a lower memory bandwidth than recent integrated GPUs.

Let me know how it goes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I added “clij” to my update site list, I assumed, after I2K, that it’s not needed anymore and therefore un-ticked it from my list :sweat_smile:

Thanks again.

1 Like