Exception in CellProfiler core processing

Hi,

Recently i am trying to use cell profiler with .tif images that have been stitched together making a bigger image, but when I upload the images and try to open them I get the below error. I uninstalled and re-installed CellProfiler 2.1.1 many times but it didn’t sort out the problem. I’m using Mac OS 10.9.5 with 8GB of RAM. Interestingly I can open smaller .tif or .jpeg files but not the ones I have. my files are 60MB in size. I tried and reduced the files to around 10MB but still get the same error. I can process the files fine but no images show up and I need to see the images to see if my pipeline is ok or not. This error appear even when there is no pipeline and the software is newly loaded (blank). I can open the images in imageJ fine!

Exception in CellProfiler core processing
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pathlist.py”, line 773, in on_double_click
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 1484, in on_pathlist_file_command
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 1595, in on_pathlist_show
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/cpfigure.py”, line 1778, in show_image
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/backends/backend_wxagg.py”, line 59, in draw
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/backends/backend_agg.py”, line 421, in draw
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/artist.py”, line 55, in draw_wrapper
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/figure.py”, line 898, in draw
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/artist.py”, line 55, in draw_wrapper
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/axes.py”, line 1997, in draw
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/cpfigure.py”, line 1801, in draw
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/cpfigure.py”, line 1364, in normalize_image
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/cm.py”, line 214, in to_rgba
File “/Applications/CellProfiler.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/matplotlib/colors.py”, line 564, in call
MemoryError

Hi,

The current release of CellProfler on the Mac does not support 64-bit memory addresses. But our next release, coming soon, should! For now, you could try CP on a Windows machine which should support larger memory requirements.

Cheers,
David