Error trying to open multiple image stacks

I am trying to open two sets of images of the form
^(?P.)_(?P.)_(?P.*).tif
eg.
141010_Epi_Pos13.tif
141010_TIRF_Pos13.tif

Using “Load Images”

I wish to load both sets simultaneously.

I use “Epi” and “TIRF” as the text to identify each set.

I can get this to work until i try to extract metadata from the file name.

As soon as I try this I receive an error "No provider if the TIRF_Green image"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cellprofiler\gui\pipelinecontroller.pyc”, line 932, in do_step
File “cellprofiler\modules\loadimages.pyc”, line 2050, in run
File “cellprofiler\cpimage.pyc”, line 568, in get_image_provider
AssertionError: No provider of the TIRF_Green image

It is possible I am doing something stupid, but I cannot work it out.

For completeness, I am opening tiff stacks with interleaved images. The process works if extract metadata is turned off, but this means i can only process 1 set of images at a time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

J.

Hi J.,

This sort of error is most often due to a single image either being missing or misnamed, so that the file naming or regular expression does not match (though this latter condition ought to give a different error, I believe). First, do you get a window that lists Missing or Duplicate images? If not, Check the box “Check image sets for missing or duplicate files”. This window may be hidden behind the main GUI. It’s supposed to help in diagnosing what images might be missing or misnamed.

You can try creating a more exclusive regexp, like only getting “Pos13” (assuming that is different for each image set):
^(?P.)_(?P.)_(?PPos13).tif
If that works, then check through all your images to look for irregular names. It can be as simple as upper/lower case (Tif vs tif).

If you still have a problem, it may be that interleaved tiffs have an issue I don’t know about.
Let us know,
David