Error occured when open a nd2 image

When I try to open an nd2 image with ImageJ + bioformats_package plugin. The follow errors prompt out in the ‘exception’ windows box :

ImageJ 1.53c; Java 1.8.0_112 [64-bit]; Windows 10 10.0; 20MB of 5987MB (<1%)

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.io.File.<init>(File.java:277)
	at loci.common.Location.<init>(Location.java:237)
	at loci.common.Location.<init>(Location.java:169)
	at loci.formats.FileStitcher.setId(FileStitcher.java:917)
	at loci.formats.ReaderWrapper.setId(ReaderWrapper.java:650)
	at loci.formats.ChannelFiller.setId(ChannelFiller.java:223)
	at loci.formats.ChannelSeparator.setId(ChannelSeparator.java:293)

Please help as soon as possible since we need to use the software urgently ! Thanks !

Was the file you were opening on the local machine or was it a remote file being opened via a URl?
Have you seen the same issue with any other files?

local machine ! Windows 10 with a lenovo notebook ! The error occurs for any types of files (nd2, tiff, jpg, png)… Any !

Do you have the email, so I can email an attachment describing the whole process for your reference ???

Hi @huitikho, you can send me a private message on here with any details that cant be made public

As there is an attachment that can be shown the detail step. However, I don’t know how to post the attachment ???

If its an image file, xml or txt file etc then you can drag and drop it into a message on here.
Are the files located in a folder or are they at the root?
Are there any spaces or unusual characters in the file path?

I have included a Github link which contains the detail description of the problem. The file Doc105.docx contain all of these. See if you can download and have a look on it ? Thanks !

Thanks, are you trying to stitch a number of files together? If you are only opening a single ND2 then unselecting Group files by similar name may help.

Thanks ! It works now (open without error) ! Thank you very much !

1 Like

The VSI images opened with Olympus Plugin are different from that on Microsoft Paint !!!
Details refer to the Doc108.docx document !!!

The Olympus Viewer Plugin you are using is authored by Olympus so I would trust it to view VSI files correctly compared to MS Paint. If you wanted to be sure it was correct you could verify by comparing to the Olyvia viewer from Olympus (can be found under Virtual Slide Microscopes in https://www.olympus-lifescience.com/en/support/downloads/)