Error in post-processing

Hi, I am trying to run my pipeline on a set of 150 images. The analysis goes fine, but once it gets to the post-processing step I get this error message: “Encountered uncrecoverable error in ExportToDatabase during post-processing: ‘ascii’ codec can’t encode character u’\ufeff’ in position 994: ordinal not in range(128)”. A properties file is created but it won’t open in CellProfiler Analyst - it only allows me to terminate when I try. Any idea what could be going wrong?

Hi there! Thanks for posting. Could you post the pipeline and example images so we can see what the issue is?

Sure thing. Here’s the pipeline and the error message I’m getting:

And here are some example images - I have 300 sets of paired DAPI and p65 stained images.

Thanks! Could you include the actual .cppipe file rather than a screenshot? In the meantime, you might try process of elimination to see which part of the settings is causing the issue… Does it run properly when you set the module to NOT export the properties file?

My guess is it has something to do with the meta data or possibly the plate size.

Gotcha - here’s the .cppipe file. CP034.cppipe (22.6 KB)

I’ll try that suggestion. Thanks for your help so far!

Hi Anne,

I found that running my pipeline without exporting the properties file allows the analysis to run without errors - what might this tell me about my analysis? I definitely want to be able to work with this data in CellProfiler Analyst so I need to find a way to get a properties file out of it.

Thanks so much for your help!

Based on your screenshot, I wonder if this is relevant:

In other words, when ExportToDatabase attempts to digest your metadata or filenames, it comes across a bad character that cannot be exported properly.

Do things work if you eliminate some settings in your Metadata module, such as not importing the metadata file? Or alternately, not importing metadata from the filenames?