Error in NamesAndTypes when selecting images matching rules CP 2.1.1

cellprofiler
namesandtypes

Hi,

I’m using CellProfiler 2.1.1. and want to assign different names to my two sets of images. But i keep getting an error message as soon as i select images matching rules. It doesn’t matter what i select or write but the first rule criteria always display an error, if i add more criteria they seem to work. When i place my marker on the red text is says: No applicable predicate for token 255.0. I get following error message, see below:

I also have CellProfiler 2.2.0 installed on my MacPro El Capitan, I don’t know if that somehow affects this pipeline. (I’m using the older version 2.1.1. because an ImageJ macro didn’t work on the 2.2.0)

Thanks so much for your help!

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/Applications/CellProfiler - 2.1.1.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/moduleview.py”, line 2364, in
File “/Applications/CellProfiler - 2.1.1.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/gui/moduleview.py”, line 2371, in on_predicate_changed
File “/Applications/CellProfiler - 2.1.1.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/settings.py”, line 2696, in parse
File “/Applications/CellProfiler - 2.1.1.app/Contents/Resources/lib/python2.7/cellprofiler/settings.py”, line 2785, in parse_token
ValueError: The filter predicate, “255.0”, was not in the list of allowed predicates (“file”,“directory”,“extension”,“image”,“metadata”)

Check your Metadata module- while we try to keep things as compatible across releases as possible occasionally weird things can happen when you push pipelines back and forth across CP versions, including Metadata getting screwed up. Let me know if that helps!

Hi,

Thanks for the tip! I tried it without retrieving any metadata but it didn’t work, but then i started with a new blank CP window and wrote the pipeline from scratch and then it worked!

Glad to hear it worked, sorry for the difficulty!

Hi,
Sorry to bring back an old topic but I keep getting the same error in CP 2.2.0 (I think it’s the same, hence the reply to thread). I have a project running Ok with a choice of “File” in NamesAndTypes, Assign a name To. When I want to change that choice to Metadata (because of a different set of images) I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “cellprofiler\gui\moduleview.pyc”, line 2416, in
File “cellprofiler\gui\moduleview.pyc”, line 2426, in on_predicate_changed
TypeError: object of type ‘DoesPredicate’ has no len()
Thanks very much for any help
Best
Carlos

Hi,

Can you try making a pipeline from a scratch? Please make sure that you are using correct information in the Metadata module and Names and Types. Let me know if you get this problem again.