Error in ExporttoDatabse Postprocess

cellprofiler

Hi all

I wanted to use CellProfiler to get the necessary files to run CPA. Therefor I integrated the ExporttoDatabase Module into the pipeline.

The analysis of my images seems to work fine but at the postprocess of ExporttoDatabase I get the error “‘ascii’ codec can’t decode byte 0xff in position 266: ordinal not in range(128)”. When I look at the output folder I find the data of all modules before (like overlay images etc.) and the output of ExporttoDatabase (per_image, per_object etc.) are missing.

I know this problem is described in the FAQ. There you write that I probably use a non-ASCII character (in my case a &yuml) in the paths of default input/output folders or plugins/temporary folder but there is nothing like that in these paths. I tried to run on different paths but always I get the same error. The only change I can observe is when I start the analysis with selected “No” at “Create a CellProfiler Analyst properties file?”, then I get the same error but with position 0 instead of 266.

Is that a problem of the software or did I just make some wrong configurations in the modules of the pipeline?

I never used CellProfiler before so please note that I’m not very experienced.

Thanks for you help!
Daniel

Hi,

This is a current known bug in CP 3.1.5, we’re working to try to fix it. Unfortunately until then, you may need to stick to CP 3.0.0