Error - Could not update from site 'Fiji':

Hi,
I recently run into a problem with the updater in Fiji. Whenever I run the updater, I get the following error message:

When I click ‘OK’, the updater progresses and I receive a warning that there is a locally modified copy of the jars/log4j.jar file (even with the completely fresh download of Fiji):

I can the carry on to manage update sites, etc.

I have tried a completely fresh download of Fiji/ImageJ. I have also tried it with ImageJ v1.52p that is currently included in the Fiji download and after upgrading to ImageJ v.1.53c, both with the same result. The operating system is Windows 10 (64 bit).

Any ideas if the two issues (unable to update from update.fiji.sc and the apparently locally modified copy of log4j.jar) are related or any suggestions how to resolve the issue?

Thanks,
Volko

1 Like

It’s a very recent and known bug. Maybe just three days old. Hopefully fixable soon. However, it’s Sunday :wink:

1 Like

Thanks - I had overlooked that one (probably because it referred to Mac). I will keep an eye on it.
Volko

1 Like

Good to know that I am not the only one that saw it :smiley:Thanks, Robert

1 Like

Any news on this issue?

1 Like

Yes, see also this topic:

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Error opening http://wsr.imagej.net/jars.list.txt