Errno22: '/filename/._image.TIF'

I am having a problem when loading images using the ‘LoadImages’ module, it always works the first time, but when I go to do a second analysis on the same data, I have this dot underscore ‘/._’ appearing before my image file names, is there an easy fix?

Here’s the error details:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/cellprofiler/src/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/gui/pipelinecontroller.py”, line 2777, in do_step
module.run(workspace)
File “/usr/cellprofiler/src/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/modules/loadimages.py”, line 2174, in run
image = provider.provide_image(workspace.image_set)
File “/usr/cellprofiler/src/CellProfiler/cellprofiler/modules/loadimages.py”, line 3199, in provide_image
self.get_name(), url=self.get_url())
File “/usr/cellprofiler/src/CellProfiler/bioformats/formatreader.py”, line 877, in get_image_reader
rdr = ImageReader(path=path, url=url)
File “/usr/cellprofiler/src/CellProfiler/bioformats/formatreader.py”, line 644, in init
self.init_reader()
File “/usr/cellprofiler/src/CellProfiler/bioformats/formatreader.py”, line 701, in init_reader
raise e2
IOError: [Errno 22] Could not load the file as an image (see log for details): ‘/Volumes/BiochemXsan/archive/cancergeneticslab/Henry_Beetham/08May15_384wells_95382_108173_99780_157926/._G - 11.TIF’

Thanks

Hi,

A few thoughts:
(1) The “." likely means that a temporary file, possibly a thumbnail, is trying to be loaded and perhaps it doesn’t exist the second time around because it wasn’t cached. You should try being more specific in the text that defines your inputs, specifically to exclude files that begin with “.” or ".” .
NOTE: You say LoadImages, so you are not using the new input modules, e.g. NamesAndTypes? That’s fine, just not sure what specific advice to give you.
(2) I also note that the file references ‘/Volumes/…’ indicating a mounted drive on a Mac. Are you sure this is mounted in the same manner the second time you analyze?
(3) If these don’t help, please post you pipeline here!

Cheers,
David

Hi David,

I’ve excluded files with ._ and it’s working again!

Thanks for the quick reply,
Henry

Good! Thanks for writing back.
-David