Droplet analysis on microstructures

I am trying to measure the droplets on the grooves in this surface, but I am unsure as to how to go about it as the background is not uniform. The droplets of interest are the ones in focus in the three lines. I am interested in their size and circularity. Normally when analysing a metal surface that is uniform I would just convert to a mask and use the particle analyser tool. This has not worked well on this image. Are there any other ways to analyse the droplets, or (preferentially) a method to prepare the image for the particle analyser?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks

1 Like

Hello Carol884,
Have you tried to just split channels in the Image>Color ??? Then you can use only the Blue channel which should make the points of interest for separated from the background… I just came across the post, so I haven’t actually tried it, however I will play with it to see what can be done. Seems to be good so far.
Bob

carol884,
Open image, goto Image>Adjust>Brightness/Contrast>Auto then use Image>Color>Split Channels, goto LUT>Physics on the green channel. Threshold at the High (255) end of the scale. Finally Edit>Invert. This will make what you are interested easy to segment.
Good Luck,
Bob