Does 3D ROI manager enable operations between rois?

Hello @ThomasBoudier,

Thanks a lot for developing 3Dimage J suite pluging! I am trying to measure the average intensity of a labeled protein in the cytoplams vs nucleus. I have managed to label the nucleus and the whole cell in 3D, but now I would also like to have a ROI of whole cell-nucleus (cytoplasm). Is there a way to do this using the 3D ROI manager? (I know how to do it with the 2d manager, but i don´t find any option in 3D to do that)

Thanks a lot!

Sample image and/or code

• Upload an original image file here directly or share via a link to a file-sharing site (such as Dropbox) – (make sure however that you are allowed to share the image data publicly under the conditions of this forum).
  • Share a minimal working example of your macro code.

Background

• What is the image about? Provide some background and/or a description of the image. Try to avoid field-specific “jargon”.

Analysis goals

• What information are you interested in getting from this image?

Challenges

• What stops you from proceeding?
  • What have you tried already?
  • Have you found any related forum topics? If so, cross-link them.
  • What software packages and/or plugins have you tried?

I guess one option is to use the image calculator on Imgage J to do:
binary image whole cell labeled- binary image nucleus labeled and add the resulting image to the 3D ROI manager?

Hi @natalia_gm ,

Yes your solution is the simplest one I guess, just for information, in 3D Manager objects can be merged. That means they will be treated as one object instead of two (but will still be visualized as two, since the merging is done in memory).

Best,

Thomas