DLC2.2b7 Refine Tracklet GUI not working

I have an issue with the Refine Tracklets GUI not working in DLC2.2b7.

I’ve created a brand new environment, reinstalled DLC2.2b7, updated matplotlib from 3.0.3 to 3.3.0.

The GUI works fine in DLC 2.2b5 and 2.2b6 using the same original video and bx.pickle files created from prior analysis with DLC2.2b7

After updating to 2.2b7 here are the issues:

With previous version of matplotlib (3.0.3), the refine tracklet GUI loads tracklet data from bx.pickle file and is able to visualize in GUI but cannot lasso and correct ID swap between individuals. No error messages displayed.

When I update matplotlib to 3.3.0, the GUI will not launch and displays this Error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “C:\Users\Fish_Behavior.conda\envs\DLC-GPU\lib\site-packages\deeplabcut\gui\refine_tracklets.py”, line 274, in refine_tracklets
trail_len=self.length_track.GetValue(),
File “C:\Users\Fish_Behavior.conda\envs\DLC-GPU\lib\site-packages\deeplabcut\refine_training_dataset\tracklets.py”, line 1127, in refine_tracklets
viz.show()
File “C:\Users\Fish_Behavior.conda\envs\DLC-GPU\lib\site-packages\deeplabcut\refine_training_dataset\tracklets.py”, line 602, in show
self._prepare_canvas(self.manager, fig)
File “C:\Users\Fish_Behavior.conda\envs\DLC-GPU\lib\site-packages\deeplabcut\refine_training_dataset\tracklets.py”, line 599, in _prepare_canvas
plt.show()
File “C:\Users\Fish_Behavior.conda\envs\DLC-GPU\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\pyplot.py”, line 336, in show
return _backend_mod.show(*args, **kwargs)
File “C:\Users\Fish_Behavior.conda\envs\DLC-GPU\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backend_bases.py”, line 3520, in show
manager.show() # Emits a warning for non-interactive backend.
File “C:\Users\Fish_Behavior.conda\envs\DLC-GPU\lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\backend_wx.py”, line 1051, in show
self.frame.Show()
RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type FigureFrameWxAgg has been deleted

Hi @Kyle_Newton, I have encountered this issue too but only when trying to open the tracklet GUI after it has been destroyed a first time. There should be no problem otherwise. Unfortunately the line that triggers the error is necessary on Windows, so I’m not sure how to deal with it at the moment :confused: As for correcting ID swaps, this has recently been fixed and is either available by cloning the repo or waiting for b8 :smiley:

@jeylau, I just pulled the master for 2.2b7 and reinstalled on Windows 10 with the “fix unresponsive legend in tracklet GUI” commit. I still can’t lasso points and click on another individual to name them.